Prev | Next

The end of winter and spring's slow, quiet blossoming has, for whatever reason, put Shep into... not quite a melancholy mood, but she's been musing about the passing season—and passing time. She can see the delicate lines on her face when she sees her reflection in still water; her girlfriend Diseta, who is only a few years older than her, has gray threaded through her short brown hair now. Even Gytha, who seemed half a child when she moved in with Shep, is now grown and married and has not one but two children of her own.
And Shep is still doing the same things, still tending the bees and struggling to keep her wheat sprouts alive each spring, and she's not unhappy, but she thinks that maybe she could be... doing more?



Conveniently, the roll changed her aspiration to Fortune, which was already her secondary aspiration. Okay, sure, let's see what power wants you've got, Shep:

• previously locked "max creativity skill want"
• hire Eisu (understandable, everyone loves Eisu)
• fleece people at pool, a game that doesn't exist yet
• spend ALL of her monies



Spring is struggling to get going here. Shep has to trudge through the melting slush and give some of the bees extra honey to try to get them through the last of the cold.


Shep: Y'know, Di, I've been thinking. It's time to make some changes in my life!
Diseta: Oh?

Shep: Yes, I need to focus more on my business if I want to be truly successful! I need to scale up production, maybe even think about setting up a proper stall at the market.
Diseta: Oh. Uh, well, if you want a hand with the business side of things, let me know?


Shep: I wonder, if I can boost honey production, if the mead hall would buy their mead from me? Maybe if I offer it for less than their current supplier prices it...
Diseta: *scoffs* Shep, your mead is twice as strong as what they buy. They should be paying you more.
Shep: Aw, you're sweet. But seriously, should I go ask them now?
Diseta: I think maybe you shouldn't offer anything you can't follow through on.



There's still a little too much snow to bother opening her stall, and Shep has to head out to the woods to scout for hives anyway. She lost some of the bees over the winter and her new skeps need to be filled. On the way she gets distracted, first running into Dinn Seax, who arranges a day to come deliver the fertilizer for her wheat field—

—and then Diseta's older daughter, Sun. Shep doesn't have much to do with Diseta's children (why would she? She's not their step-mother or anything), but Sun is a sweet young lady and she likes to chat.


Some smoke blown into a natural hive makes most of the bees sleepy enough for Shep to scoop them into her basket for safe transport.





Just because Shep has a ~*~new outlook on life~*~ doesn't mean she doesn't also still want romance. It is spring, after all, the season of love!

Shep: Wanna come back to my place now?
Diseta: I can't stay the whole night, but for a while, yeah.
Lucile: Aw, they're so sweet! Why can't I have something like that? :(
You're a townie, you only get a storyline or romance if you get involved with a playable.


Colm: Why aren't the humans paying attention to me? I guess they're busy.

Don't worry, Diseta did stop to give him a good dangle before she left.

Hooray.




Shep's pottery-and-sometimes-mead-and-sometimes-other-random-things business is rapidly gaining stars (and Shep herself is rapidly gaining talent badges).

A quick pit stop at the well for water...


Where I noticed the two townies I aged from kids to teens when Sabren aged up have a blossoming relationship. I guess Mal also noticed that there's a deficit of teen boys who are straight or bi in this hood and decided to make her move early.


As an ~experiment~, I decided to not make Shep clean up her plates and see if she ever did it herself. And she did not. Diseta eventually cleaned them up later.

Shep finishes up her long day by spending some time turning her fresh spring honey into must for mead making.


lol @ the business reviewer interrupting the checkout queue to give Shep her 'best of the best' award.

Even Extremely Serious Businesswomen must take time off now and again for festival days.


I mentioned that sometimes I summon sims into the festival lot, yes? Every couple I summoned in immediately started smooching, LMAO.
Cadwgan: I am unfamiliar with this tradition? :|




Shep: ...and I think all the seedlings will make it through the spring, though of course you never know when we're going to have one last cold snap, so I should be able to produce at least a dozen more barrels than last year—

Diseta: Shep. Not that this isn't interesting, but, um, can we talk about something besides wheat for a while?
Shep: Oh, fine. Only because it's you!


Shep has got a new type of hive off an innovative carpenter from one of the outlying villages. It has removable wooden slats that the bees can build their honeycomb onto—it certainly cost more, but it's much less disruptive to her poor bees than trying to harvest from her wicker skeps!



Spring has been a busy, busy, busy season for Shep! She's sore and tired and also has a fair bit of clay stuck under her nails, but she's very pleased with how her business is going, and eager to get first the mead and then her next batch of beer brewing.
Tags: