[personal profile] eulalia
Does continuing to use that as the household name make much sense at this point? Not really, but I am Committed(TM).

screenshot-2026-10-07-18-02

Duncan: Daddy said that—


screenshot-2026-10-07-18-02-1

Bel: Spirits, I don't care what your stupid da says.

Duncan: But—

Bel: Go bother him, I have to go feed the goats.


screenshot-2026-10-07-18-36-3

screenshot-2026-10-07-18-36-4

Other parts of Drustan and Orla's newly blended family are adapting better than Bel is. It fills Drustan's heart with warm, fuzzy feelings to see Orla and Una together.


screenshot-2026-10-07-18-43

screenshot-2026-10-07-18-43-1

Una is continuing to grow and learn, and she can toddle around on her own two feet now.


screenshot-2026-10-07-19-48

screenshot-2026-10-07-19-48-1

She also continues to be absolutely adorable!


screenshot-2026-10-07-19-52

screenshot-2026-10-07-19-52-1

If you didn't catch on already, Bel isn't very enthused to have a new step-father, or another younger sibling to keep an eye on when the adults are all busy. Wasn't Duncan enough?


screenshot-2026-10-07-20-09

screenshot-2026-10-07-20-09-1

Chewy actually spends more time in the goat pen these days than in the house... sleeping with his eyes open.


screenshot-2026-10-07-20-15

I refuse to believe that this man got that log up there by himself. He's a twig. A well-educated twig.


screenshot-2026-10-07-20-19

screenshot-2026-10-07-20-15-1

Drustan has been learning more about carpentry, mostly on his own after Dinn Seax taught him the basics. A lot of it, he's found, is easy to figure out with the mathematics his father taught him. There's a lot of measuring and precise details, all of which is like catnip to his brain.


* * *



screenshot-2026-10-07-20-28

screenshot-2026-10-07-20-28-1

Bel's like, I could just leave and they probably wouldn't notice for a while.


screenshot-2026-10-07-20-30-1

screenshot-2026-10-07-20-30-2

screenshot-2026-10-07-20-30-3

screenshot-2026-10-07-20-31-1

Orla is absolutely delighted to wed Drustan in front of all her new friends and family. In Wyll, people usually save their binding ribbons as keepsakes and sometimes pass them onto their children to use (her first ribbon lived in the linen trunk until the house fire ate it up). She and Drustan decided to use two ribbons, one for Orla to keep and one to tie on the tree.


screenshot-2026-10-07-20-40

You'd better get Jia a dating coach, then, otherwise this want is definitely going unfulfilled until Zijun comes of age. 🙄️


screenshot-2026-10-07-20-34-1

Thanks to Lamare's helpers mod, I can now force my newlyweds to actually sit together during festivities. 💕️


screenshot-2026-10-07-20-35

screenshot-2026-10-07-20-38-1

screenshot-2026-10-07-20-39-1

screenshot-2026-10-07-20-41-1

~*~twin things~*~


screenshot-2026-10-07-20-42

screenshot-2026-10-07-20-43-1

Duncan: Bellllll, help!

Bel: Just blow on it, dummy.


screenshot-2026-10-07-20-43-2

screenshot-2026-10-07-20-43-3


* * *



screenshot-2026-10-07-20-58-1

screenshot-2026-10-07-20-58

Duncan: Augh! Belly, I had a horrible dream... there was a goat eating my hair...

Bel: *zzzzz*


screenshot-2026-10-07-20-58-2

Duncan: *snores*


screenshot-2026-10-07-20-56-1

screenshot-2026-10-08-18-41

Hmmmm, I wonder why Orla could possibly be waking up starving in the middle of the night and then running off to the chamber pot in the morning.


screenshot-2026-10-08-18-51

screenshot-2026-10-08-18-52

Helenet is quick to offer Orla some of the morning sickness remedies she makes, though Orla has to go be sick again before she can actually take it.


screenshot-2026-10-08-18-53-3

Chewy has advanced from moderate mischief to actively shaking down sims for cash.


screenshot-2026-10-08-18-54-1

Was it this townie? Perhaps.


screenshot-2026-10-08-18-54-2

Puppy is the world's sweetest cinnamon roll in comparison.


screenshot-2026-10-08-19-00-1

screenshot-2026-10-08-19-32

Drustan has brought the two older children out to the woods with him, so Una and Orla are having bonding time together at home.


screenshot-2026-10-08-19-49

screenshot-2026-10-08-19-49-1

Wow, I was expecting jello, but that's much better.


screenshot-2026-10-08-19-36

screenshot-2026-10-08-19-37

The kids both wanted to fish, so I made them go with Drustan while he cuts down trees, which I'm sure is a very safe activity for them to be around. This pond is where I had the ice rink in winter, so there's a lot of deco around the edge and fishing spots are few and far apart.


screenshot-2026-10-08-19-38

Eisu: HELLO OVER THERE, DUNCAN!

Duncan: HI, GRANDDA!


screenshot-2026-10-08-19-45-1

Wow, that'll definitely keep your family fed this summer.


screenshot-2026-10-08-19-38-1

screenshot-2026-10-08-19-40

Baby Dunk got bored of fishing and wandered off to play in the trees. Orla has been teaching him about different things you can forage from the woods; he's very careful to only pick the mushrooms she says are okay to touch and give them to her to check them over.


screenshot-2026-10-08-19-43-1

screenshot-2026-10-08-19-42

screenshot-2026-10-08-19-43

Drustan has been doing his best to get along with Bel, but she's understandably resistant. Occasionally he catches her interest, until she remembers that she's declared him The Enemy and goes back to ignoring him.


screenshot-2026-10-08-19-45

Duncan is honestly a lot easier to handle, because Duncan is six and just wants to play games and tell everyone whatever silly joke Eisu has taught him this week.


screenshot-2026-10-08-19-55

screenshot-2026-10-08-19-58-2

screenshot-2026-10-08-19-58

Drustan has noticed, though, that Bel does listen in when he gives Duncan lessons in the evening, even if she's pretending to ignore both of them.


* * *



screenshot-2026-10-08-20-06

screenshot-2026-10-08-20-04

It took a while to get to this point, but Orla is finally expecting her third child.


screenshot-2026-10-08-20-08

screenshot-2026-10-09-18-23

Bel is less enthused to see her mother's growing belly. They already have Duncan and now Una—surely that's enough?


screenshot-2026-10-09-18-25

screenshot-2026-10-09-18-25-1

screenshot-2026-10-09-18-27-1

And fine, even Bel can admit that Una is super sweet, but this definitely seems like enough babies.


screenshot-2026-10-09-18-28

Drustan built a nesting box, so now they also have a chicken.


screenshot-2026-10-09-18-59

She likes to magically jump outside the fence.


screenshot-2026-10-09-18-43

Drustan would never say it, but he kind of preferred his father's cats to all the chaos of Orla's animals. Mouse was calm in comparison. The kids all love the goat for some reason, though.


screenshot-2026-10-09-18-30

Bel: If you build things, could you build us a big swing like Eamon and Meria have?

Drustan: Um, I suppose so.

Bel: Today?


screenshot-2026-10-09-18-37

Drustan: Well, no, the fresh wood needs to be properly dried and cut first, and I would need to take several measurements, and then—

Bel: Booooriiiiiiiiiing.


screenshot-2026-10-09-18-32-1

screenshot-2026-10-09-18-32-2

Orla ran into Brigid Salter at the well; she still has a want to befriend her. This certainly is one way to do it!


* * *



screenshot-2026-10-09-18-44-3

I love the fingerguns squad here and Meria just staring ahead like ':| You two are embarrassing me'.


screenshot-2026-10-09-18-48

screenshot-2026-10-09-18-49

Enna! How very dare you! Look, if you want to steal an animal from, like Brigid, that's one thing, but from one of your best friends???


screenshot-2026-10-09-18-50

Foiled by the new guard chicken.


screenshot-2026-10-09-18-53

screenshot-2026-10-09-18-55

screenshot-2026-10-09-18-53-1

The kids naturally settle into pairs, the two older kids and the two younger. I should've summoned Eadwine to play with Una!


screenshot-2026-10-09-18-58

Glamaer: It's kinda funny how you've gone from not knowing what you want to do with your life straight to the whole wedding and three and a half children thing. I guess Thessos was good for you.

Drustan: Well, not straight to... who's the half of a child?

Glamaer: Your bun in the oven, of course.

Drustan: I'm not sure that's how it works?

Glamaer: Well, anyway, marriage looks good on you.


screenshot-2026-10-09-18-58-1

Drustan: It's... Orla's soothing to be around when I feel antsy. And if I don't know what do about something or other, she's sure to have suggestions or plans.

Glamaer: Ah, like being ordered around, do we? Eh?

Drustan: *laughs* Sometimes I think the only thing you and Gytha have in common are your dirty minds.


screenshot-2026-10-09-19-07

screenshot-2026-10-09-19-08

In the evening, after all the children have gone to bed, is about the only time these two get to spend together, especially now that Orla is pregnant and taking naps all the time.


* * *



screenshot-2026-10-09-19-13

Bel: Mum? Are we going to have magic lessons today?

Orla: Not today, Belly! I'm still feeling a bit peaky. Maybe next week!

Bel: Right...


screenshot-2026-10-09-19-18

Fine, whatever, Bel will go play with the fox instead.


screenshot-2026-10-10-15-12

If anyone thought age had tamed Chewy's misbehavior, think again!


screenshot-2026-10-09-20-24

Drustan: Is that safe, Orla?

Orla: Of course! She loves it, don't you, little bird?

Drustan: I meant for you. Aunt Helenet said you're really close to birth...

Orla: Pfft, we're fine too! You worry too much.


screenshot-2026-10-10-15-24

screenshot-2026-10-10-15-26

These two are taking their naps at the same time lately.


screenshot-2026-10-09-19-15

And Orla must be nesting; I think this is the first time I've seen her autonomously clean something.


screenshot-2026-10-10-15-16

screenshot-2026-10-10-15-17

Maddan is at the well today when Bel heads over to fetch water with Drustan and Baby Dunk.


screenshot-2026-10-10-15-19-1

Can someone get this girl a father figure she gets along with?


screenshot-2026-10-09-20-30

screenshot-2026-10-09-20-32

Drustan's whole family (well, minus Jia) came over that evening to celebrate Una's birthday, but apparently I only took pictures of Eisu.


screenshot-2026-10-09-20-32-1

screenshot-2026-10-09-20-38

I can't believe she's already a child. 😭️ Una rolled the 'slob' trait, which I think is so funny compared to her father's nine neat points.


* * *



screenshot-2026-10-09-20-44

Orla got to be my test case for Karlakoo's more realistic labor mod—I quite like it for Veridia! Realism aside, it makes Helenet's role as the neighborhood's midwife more important. It's also now very beneficial that she and Lune are witches: they can cast Benemoodus Simae on sims to boost their motives before/during labor.


screenshot-2026-10-09-20-49

Aunt Helenet promptly declared Drustan's fretting to be "counterproductive" and kicked him out of the bedroom once Orla's labor started to progress, so he doesn't have much to do besides fret more and anxiety-clean. He knows Orla has done this before—twice!—and Helenet is very good at what she does, but Drustan is a worrier at heart.


screenshot-2026-10-09-20-46-1

screenshot-2026-10-10-15-45

Helenet: Hmm... Orla, d'you remember me saying you were measuring a bit big, but I couldn't tell you for sure why?

Orla: Yes?

Helenet: I think the second baby has been hiding behind their sibling!


screenshot-2026-10-10-16-31-1

Drustan: How is—Aunt Helenet, that's two babies.

Helenet: It certainly is. Surprise!

Drustan: Two?


screenshot-2026-10-10-16-31

Helenet: Twins, yes. The blonde is the eldest by a few minutes. Luckily they decided to come out with different hair colors, so you shouldn't have too much trouble telling them apart while they're little.

Drustan: Two?

Helenet: Goodness, how is it that you're more shocked than Orla was?


screenshot-2026-10-10-16-41

Shock aside, Drustan is immediately charmed by his new twin daughters.


screenshot-2026-10-10-16-43-1

screenshot-2026-10-10-16-45

screenshot-2026-10-10-16-44-2

The blonde babe is named Maeve, and she has a few freckles already like her da and big brother. Her sister is Dairine, and they both inherited Drustan's hazel eyes.

Drustan: This is... my father is going to be thrilled when he shows up and you hand him two infants.

Orla: I thought this baby felt different from Bel or Duncan! Now we know!


screenshot-2026-10-10-16-43

Yeah, I'm just gonna go ahead and toggle your ACR birth control back on for now, we don't need to end up with THREE toddlers at once.


screenshot-2026-10-10-16-54

Duncan: Is that the new baby?

Drustan: Um, one of them. You all have two new sisters.


screenshot-2026-10-10-16-55

Una shares Bel's lack of interest in the babies. Call her when they can play tag or tic-tac-toe.


screenshot-2026-10-10-16-56

Una: Sissy, will you play catch with me?

Bel: I'm not your sister, so don't call me that.

Una: Oh... will you still play with me?

Bel: No.

Duncan: I'll play, Una!


screenshot-2026-10-10-16-58

Children, I'm not sure the goat pen is the best place on the lot for catch.


screenshot-2026-10-10-17-01-1

Despite them looking so much like one bio-parent or the other, Una and Baby Dunk still look a lot alike to me right now.


screenshot-2026-10-10-17-55

screenshot-2026-10-10-17-55-1

Drustan: Bel, please be careful around the basin.

Bel: But that's where the scoundrels are!

Drustan: Okay, but if it gets knocked over, you and the scoundrels have to scrub the linens clean again.

Bel: Unfair!


screenshot-2026-10-10-17-55-2

Una: Oh! Are you okay?

Bel: I meant to do that.


screenshot-2026-10-10-18-05

I tried out the Sun&Moon woodworking bench, now I've given Dru the medieval-ified version of Deedee's bench to see if I prefer this one for him. This one does earn more money, and they're going to need it with all these kids to feed! I also just like not having to acquire all the necessary crafting supplies, tbh.


screenshot-2026-10-10-18-01

screenshot-2026-10-10-18-02

Una: Will I get magic too someday like Belly and Duncan?


screenshot-2026-10-10-18-04-2

Orla: Oh! Probably not? I mean, it happens sometimes, but it doesn't pop up often outside of the magic lines... that's okay, though! You're our special little Una whether or not you have magic!


* * *



screenshot-2026-10-10-18-14

I finally remembered I have Honeywell's mod that lets kids take taxis to community lots alone, so I can finally put these children to work running errands. Or at least let them go hang out at the market.


screenshot-2026-10-10-18-16

Duncan: Mummy had two babies.


screenshot-2026-10-10-18-18

Meria: Really? I thought only cats and dogs did that. My mum only had one baby at a time.

Duncan: Aren't your da and your aunt twins?

Meria: Is that what that means?


screenshot-2026-10-10-18-17

screenshot-2026-10-10-18-17-1

Senna, why the stink-face? What has Gwen ever done to you? 😭️


screenshot-2026-10-10-18-19-1

Zijun: Hey, Bel. How's it going with your new siblings?

Bel: Ugh.

Zijun: Yeah, it is like that sometimes.


screenshot-2026-10-10-18-22

screenshot-2026-10-10-18-19-3

All Duncan ever wants to do is tell jokes to people. Doesn't matter if he's ever met them before, he WILL be telling them a joke. Apparently 10 playful points > 1 outgoing point.


screenshot-2026-10-10-18-29

screenshot-2026-10-10-18-31

screenshot-2026-10-10-18-31-1

screenshot-2026-10-10-18-34

screenshot-2026-10-10-18-37-1

A rainy night makes for a cozy evening inside, complete with Orla's nettle soup for dinner.


screenshot-2026-10-10-18-38

Bel: Are you guys gonna have more babies? 'Cause I think Maeve and Dair are enough babies.


screenshot-2026-10-10-18-39

Drustan: Uhhhh, well, I think that's up to the spirits. Right, Orla?

Bel: I'm pretty sure that's not how it works.

Drustan: Orlaaaa?

Orla: We'll see, Bel!

Bel: Ugh.


Prev | Next

Date: 2026-10-15 10:29 pm (UTC)
tedsies: (Default)
From: [personal profile] tedsies
yay, one of my favourite households!

bel is seemingly taking after her father, but meaner 😆 and una is such a sweetheart!

twins! my condolences… (or congratulations, depending on how you feel about it 😂)

oh, and i also just the woodworking bench for carpentry (and the blacksmith equivalent too). sourcing all the supplies is just far too involved and time consuming for me 🫣

Profile

eulalia: cartoon drawing of a white woman with brown hair and glasses (Default)
eulalia

October 2026

S M T W T F S
     123
45678910
111213 14151617
18192021222324
25262728293031

Page Summary

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags

Most Popular Tags

Page generated Oct. 22nd, 2026 12:10 am
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios