
Eamon: Gwen! Look at this!
Gwendolen: What?

Eamon: BOO!


Eamon: You wanna go outside while they shout at each other? I promise I won't push you off the rock again.
Gwendolen: Yeah...

Meria is just chillin' on this early spring morning. So innocent and unaware of her household's chaos.

Glam both wants and fears the birth of his next child, while Gwen wishes her auntie still lived here...

...and Eamon apparently met some man with antlers and decided that he's REALLY cool.




Brigid: Gwendolen, would you like to come into the village with me and go to the market?
Gwendolen: Okay. What are you buying, Mummy?
Brigid: Oh, nothing, there are just a few people I'd like to catch up with.



Eamon now very reluctantly baits the fishing traps for his father. The traps are gross and the bait fish are stinky and slimy, but he's very brave about it. If Gwen can do it, so can he (also, his mother told him has to). Still, as soon as Meria is old enough to learn, he's definitely pawning this chore off on her. That's what little sisters are for, right?

Brigid tries to hold her tongue, but it's really Glamaer's own fault if she ends up being the one who has to scold Eamon from time to time. He should be more firm with the boy. Eamon has the same mischievous streak in him that Glamaer's sister does.



Gwendolen: Hey!
Eamon: Oops! I didn't mean to. You should try catchin' the ball with your hands, not your face.


By 'catch up' Brigid apparently meant 'harass Elphin'.

Gwendolen got to play a game with her friend Bel...


...who was apparently here with her mother. Out of all the sims in the neighborhood, you get along with Orla, Brigid? Orla? Really?



Enna has fallen into a bit of a rut, mostly stuck at home taking care of the chores and childcare while Glamaer is fishing or at the shop. Can't imagine that'll improve anytime soon, since they're expecting another baby.


Glamaer: Found you something else today, Gwennie.

Gwendolen: Woah! Is that a tooth? What fish has teeth that big?
Glamaer: I haven't seen one, but my father told me they're from sharks. They're kind of like the dolphins up by Evervale.

Gwen adds the tooth to her little shelf of treasures, which Eamon has been forbidden to touch upon threat of having a stinky fish shoved down his shirt.

Gwendolen: So, um... Ms. Diseta the blacksmith is looking for an apprentice.
Glamaer: She is, is she?
Gwendolen: And I'll be thirteen next month...
Glamaer: So you will be.
Gwendolen: Can you ask her? If she would consider me?
Glamaer: I think I can manage that for you, Gwennie.





Brigid and Glamaer can manage a civil conversation occasionally. Gwen is never sure whether supper is going to be normal, full of icy sniping, or descend into another round of arguments.

btw, Brigid has a loom now, since she wants to earn money. She probably should have had one earlier.


Enna: Hey, stranger. I don't think I've seen you all day.
Glamaer: Yeah... well, tomorrow's a shop day, so maybe I'll be home earlier.

Enna's midnight pregnancy cravings are in full swing again.

Eamon: Take that, fiend!
Gwendolen: Ah! Eamon, it's too early, I don't want to play!
Eamon: Aw...

Eamon is very offended by Glam's stinky fish smell after gutting the day's catch. đ¤


Glamaer: You're River, right? My wife's friend, Orla, mentioned you know... what'd she call it, wards?
River: Oh, yeah, Orla mentioned something about ghosts? And then she went off on a tangent about her new house and I never got to hear the rest of it.
Glamaer: Well, uh...

River can't promise that it definitely will get rid of whatever might happen to be haunting the Salter home, but they do agree to come over and attempt to set up a ghost ward there in a day or two.


I saw Elmet and was like, 'yes, the werewolves do eat a lot of fish, this makes sense', but he's actually just buying roe. Expanding our palate, I see.

She's literally the only one Wulfric never haunts. đď¸



Brigid: Expecting again, I see.
Enna: Do you have something to say, Brigid?
Brigid: Nothing. Just that perhaps your husband should let you have a break.
Enna: I think that's really none of your concern, thanks.

Don't you hate the outdoors? Does that not include fishing?

Eamon: Oh, my bad, you're right. *throws down fishing rod*




Enna: *yawn* I need a nap. You get to feed all the little devils tonight.
Glamaer: On it!

Gwendolen: Can I tell you something?
Eamon: Nah.

Gwendolen: :/


With Brigid out of the house and visiting town, supper is a nice, calm affair tonight.

I wish you two many happy years of rancid vibes together.






I still can't believe that out of everyone in the village, she's befriended Orla. A true testament to Orla's insane level of likeability, I guess. This woman rolled a nat 20 on charisma.

Brigid: Now that you're properly on your own, I thought perhaps we could make our relationship more official.

Maddan: What? No. I thought we were having a bit of funâ
Brigid: A bit of fun? A bit of fun?!

lmao.

Brigid: Leading me on is your idea of 'a bit of fun'?
Maddan: I've been on my own for about two days! What, you want me to jump feet-first into another marriage?
Brigid: Yes! That's typically where relationships between people our age lead!
Maddan: You don't have to do something just because you think that's what everyone is doing.
Brigid Youâ! Urgh!


Wulfric is out and about again tonight. Can you come back when your wife who wants to be haunted is actually home?


Enna: Tickle attack!
Glamaer: Ah! Enna!

Enna: You look stiff. Want me to rub your back?
Glamaer: I think I'm supposed to be asking you that.
Enna: My back's fine. You tweaked it again hauling in the nets, didn't you?
Glamaer: Maybe...

Brigid is home and doing her best to ignore this display of romantic affection.

Glamaer: I talked to Orla's friend, by the way. They offered to come by and try to set up a ghost ward.
Enna: If it makes you feel better.
Glamaer: I know, I know, you don't believe in ghosts.
Enna: Really, if some magic thingy helps you sleep better, I'm all for it.





Gwen also has trouble sleeping, but not because of ghosts. Her dreams easily stir her awake. It's very annoying to wake up in the middle of the night yet again and look over to see Eamon peacefully snoring away.

Brigid does do one helpful thing: she takes care of the garden. No child laborer farmhands for her, thank you very much.




Gytha is blowing that paper horn as loud as she can solely because she knows it'll annoy Brigid.

Meet teen!Gwendolen! She's a Knowledge/Fortune sim now.

Enna: Ready, Mimi?
Meria: Fiiiiiire...


Meria is making up for her brother's 'hates the outdoors' trait by rolling the sailor trait.


Not long after the guests have left and everyone's gone to bed, Enna's labor starts.
Enna: Glamaer, if you don't wake up right now, I swear to Andrasteâ


He woke up eventually. Enna and Glam have another son, named Eadwine, and like his cousin Wynn he also inherited Grandfather Wulfric's red hair.

Glamaer: It's funny how both Wynn and Eadwine both came out with red hair after the rest of us didn't inherit it.
Enna: Maybe it'll appease your father's ghost.
Glamaer: Har, har.

Enna: It'll appease me if you deal with this stinky nappy.
Glamaer: Alright, come here, little one.

Gwendolen: Can I see the baby?
Glamaer: Sure, just try not to wake either of them.

Gwendolen: Oh, he has red hair like Gytha's son.
Glamaer: Aye. Like our father.
Gwendolen: I kind of forgot that Father had red hair... I don't really remember him.

Let your wife REST. đď¸ Maybe if Glam gestates the next


Eamon is thrilled that Meria can play big kid games with him nowâshe's a lot more fun to play with than Gwendolen.



And Meria is super excited to grab one of the rods and join her father in fishing at the shore.

Meria: Da! Da, look!
Glamaer: I can't right now, Mimi, I have to get the cart ready to go into the village.


Glamaer and Eamon needed to restock the shop before opening (well, Glam restocked, Eamon played with his toys outside).
Sun: G'morning!
Glamaer: Good morning... uh, we're closed. That's why the sign isn't out yet.
Sun: Oh, I'll be quick! I just need some salt!
Glamaer: :|



Glam gave up and opened the shop after Sun paid for her salt.
He's happy to help arrange Gwendolen's apprenticeship with the blacksmith, but it's a shame he won't have her on hand to help with the shop or at home. Eamon is questionably helpful at the shop, and Enna can't really come into the village to work with him with all the children at home. Glam sometimes feels like he's juggling a half-dozen things at once.

Glamaer: You didn't trip and accidentally father any more surprise children on the way here, did you?
Drustan: That joke gets less funny every time you tell it, and it wasn't funny to begin with.

Jokes aside, maybe he should hire Drustan; he's here often enough as it is. Drustan is pleased to hear about the new baby and promises to come visit them all soon.

Eamon: Now can we go home?
Glamaer: Soon. I need to stop at the blacksmith's first.
Eamon: Ughhhhhh.
Glamaer: Hey. Some kids have to do a lot more work and get a lot less in return, y'know. Your own mother was already working out of the house when she was your age. A little gratitude would go a long way.
Eamon: Ugh.

Glamaer: Brigid, Gwendolen wants to apprentice with the blacksmith. I already spoke to Diseta, and she's willing to take her on.
Brigid: That's certainly a very respectable trade, but surely you don't mean right now? She's still very young...

Glamaer: Yes, now. She's of age to start an apprenticeship. I'm glad you approve.
Brigid: Butâ

Glamaer: I do need to sort out where she'll be living.
Brigid: Must I remind you that Gwendolen is my daughter, not yours? And what are you talking about? She already lives here.
Glamaer: Brigid, it's a long walk into the village and I won't always have time to take her in the boat each day. The smith keeps early hoursâsurely you don't want your daughter taking that rocky path in the dark, do you? It doesn't seem safe.

Brigid: Well, noâ
Glamaer: She could stay with the smith.

Brigid: With that boy of hers in the house? Absolutely not. I don't need a teenage boy putting stupid ideas in my daughter's head at all hours of the day, thank you very much.
Glamaer: Ah, I thought you might say that, so I also talked to Gytha.
Brigid: No.

Glamaer: I suppose you could ask your sister, or you could move into the village with Gwen...

Brigid: Oh, now I see what this is about. You don't want to help Gwendolen, you want to kick us out of our rightful inheritance.

Glamaer: Gwendolen can always stay here as long as she wants. You, well. I'm still happy to go to the headwoman and test which of us has a stronger claim.
Brigid: Fine! We will!

Brigid: Glamaer is trying to claim my husband's property all for himselfâ
Glamaer: You know and I know and the headwoman knows that inheritance passes to children firstâ
Brigid: Yes! When both parents are dead!
Glamaer: Both of MY parents ARE deadâ
Brigid: Yet inconveniently for you, I still live!
Glamaer: More's the pityâ

Norweni: No one is getting ANYTHING if you don't stop shouting at the same time!
Glamaer: ...Sorry, Headwoman.
Brigid: *scoffs*

Brigid: I'm Wulfric's widow; I have a valid claim. The house, the shop, none of the property should pass onto his children until I am gone to the spirits as well.
Glamaer: You've never done a single thing for the shop. I do the work, I pay the taxes.
Norweni: *sigh* Brigid's not wrong. It became shared property after their marriage. She does have a legal claim, unless there's a will or an independent party can attest that it was intended for the property to be passed down after only Wulfric's death. We could argue for the shop to stay in just Glamaer's hands...

Brigid: I don't care about the shop, I care about my home and my daughter's inheritance.

Cadwgan: May I make a suggestion?
Norweni: Go ahead.
Cadwgan: You could divide the inheritance now. Ms. Brigid could give up her current claim in exchange for the equivalent of what her daughter's share would be.

Glamaer: What about Gytha?
Brigid: That girl doesn't need the bloody house; she has her own property now.
Norweni: Gytha would get a third of the worth in that scenario, the same as Gwendolen, unless she chooses to give up her inheritance claim.

Brigid: Do you even have the money for this, Glamaer? You don't make trips to the big market like Wulfric did, and your wife does have a taste for the expensiveâ
Norweni: Brigid.
Glamaer: It'd be worth it to have you out from under my roof.
Norweni: I'd like to remind both of you that at this point, this isn't a division of whatever Wulfric left behind, or whatever coin Glamaer has saved. We're talking about the worth of the land, for the house and shop both. I will calculate the number and Glamaer will pay it through whatever means necessary in exchange for keeping the actual property.

Norweni: Since Gwendolen isn't of age, and we are speaking of her inheritance, I won't go forward with this unless at least half of her share is saved in trust for her until she comes of age. Typically another family member holds that role.
Brigid: Oh, so you're going to turn around and hand it right back to Glamaer or his sister? No, thank you!
Norweni: I think your sister or her husband would be able to fill the role just fine.
Brigid: ...Fine.
Norweni: Glamaer?

Glamaer: Fine by me. Though I would be happy to pay for whatever Gwen needs.
Norweni: I don't think that's necessary right now, since she's going to apprentice with myâwith Diseta, and she'll have a stipend. If that's settled, everyone will return here three days from now to finalize this. Try not to kill each other in the meantime. Poor Enna doesn't need to deal with that sort of mess.

Meria: A boot?!
It's a right of passage.

Enna has learned to do a lot of new things since marrying Glamaer, from how to repair fishing nets to the evaporation process that produces the sea salt Glam's family gets their name from. She still hates the boat, though.


Looking at Meria and Eadwine together, Enna can almost understand why her parents had so many children. Almost.

Gwendolen: Ahâ

Enna: What happened to your foot, sweetheart?
Gwendolen: I stepped on something out on the shore... it's okay, just sore.
Enna: You should soak it in warm water, and I'll get you a salve later if you need it.



The usual suspects are here to meet the new baby.
Gytha: Well, wellâat least Wynn won't be the only redheaded cousin running around.
Enna: Don't forget Orla and Drustan's boy! I think you and Drustan are... step... cousins-by-law? Is that right?
Gytha: Yuck.

Don't encourage her, Gytha.


Brigid has mostly been ignoring Glamaer and Enna since the meeting with Headwoman Norweni, but she did very kindly make some completely un-burnt, un-poisoned soup for everyone.

Enna: Do you think Angus's little sister would be interested in babysitting?
Gytha: Lune? Probably, but I wouldn't risk itâbetween her and Eamon, I don't think the house would still be standing afterward.
Enna: I'm trying to find someone to come watch the children a few times a week so I can help Glam at the shop. And, y'know, get out of the house.

Gytha: What about Gwen?
Enna: She's starting an apprenticeship with the blacksmith.
Gytha: Good for her! Hmm... Angus's uncle might do it, but he's pretty busy with the farm this time of year. What about the headwoman's daughter? I think she's just taking care of her own daughter right now, maybe she'd be willing to take on a few more kids.
Enna: I can't possibly ask the daughter of my former employer to babysit, Gytha.

Gytha: Says who?
Brigid: Enna's right, you know. That sort of thing just isn't doneâ
Gytha: No one asked you, Brigid.


Meria tired herself out by mid-afternoon with all that fishingâshe caught a bass, three eels, and two pairs of boots.

Me, watching this: đŹď¸

...Oh. Okay, then.






Glamaer: Is that it? I mean, no offense, just... is that it?
River: That's itâwards aren't very flashy. Like I said, I don't know if it truly will remove anything, but it should discourage spirits from entering. Sort of like a human seeing a big guard dog outside a building.
Glamaer: Sounds great to me.

Glamaer makes the decision to spend the next day entirely at home, something he doesn't do often. He can spend some time with the children (and give Enna a break from all the childcare). It's a rainy day anyway.


Brigid: Gwendolen, do you want to come to the shrine with me later?
Gwendolen: I have some things I want to do here today...
Brigid: I really think you should come with me. You can make an offering to ask for success with your apprenticeship.
Gwendolen: I don't want to?
Brigid: Hm.

A little rain won't dampen Meria's enthusiasm for fishing!

I missed Glam actually getting hit by lightning, but he sure didn't. Maybe he shouldn't have stayed home.

Gwendolen: Enna, I could watch Eamon and Mimi and the baby if you wanted to go into town today.
Enna: Oh, well, if you're sure you want to, sweetheart.
Gwendolen: Of course.
Enna: Aren't you just a doll?


Breaking: Poor Child FORCED to Play

Eamon: Got youâ
Meria: Nuh-uh! I dodged!
Gwendolen: Can you two play somewhere else? Your brother needs to sleep.
Eamon: Ughhhh, fiiiiiiiiine.


Glam and Enna decided to eat lunch at the mead hall, just like when they were still teenage sweethearts and would meet up there.

Speaking of, I guess it's teenager afternoon at the hall.

Apparently Lune ships them. Well, I'm glad one of us does.


Glamaer: So... I have to arrange a loan to make sure I can pay out Gwen's share of Da's inheritance... feels more like I'm paying off Brigid to go away.
Enna: A loan? For how much?
Glamaer: Not that much. Don't worry about it, love, I just want to make sure you know.

Gytha did not opt to cede her share of the inheritance, not because she wants the money, but because it means Glamaer will be paying out less to Brigid. Gytha will take whatever opportunity she's offered to screw over her evil stepmother. (Yeah, sure, the money is supposed to be for Gwen, but it sure doesn't sound like it to Gytha; and besides, she and Glam can take care of Gwendolen if she ever needs help.)

In the end, with half the money saved away for Gwen, there's just enough for Brigid and Gwendolen's new house. It's conveniently next-door to Brigid's sister Derelei, who is probably just happy that Brigid isn't living with her. So there's another new household to look forward to next round.

When I say 'just enough', I mean it. Guess Brigid's either going to have to speed up her weaving or find a job.




Birthday time for Eadwine! đď¸


omg, I spy Enna's little sticky-out ears. Eadwine also rolled the 'loves the outdoors' trait, so between him and Meria, Eamon can probably get out of all fish-related chores in a few years.

Glamaer: I'd make a joke about all these redhead babies only showing up once you got back, but I'm pretty sure Enna would never let me back in the house.
Drustan: Thank the spirits for small mercies.

Angus. <3 <3 <3




Things seem to actually be looking good for Glamaer. Great, even. He has a lovely wife and three delightful children; nothing seems to be haunting the house at night since River Farseer created that ghost ward; and, most important of all, Brigid is no longer living here.
Prev | Next
Tags:
no subject
Date: 2026-09-13 11:04 pm (UTC)gwenâs teen face is so pretty! love her big eyes âşď¸
and is that the evil trait i spy for meria? or is that something else? đś
no subject
Date: 2026-09-14 01:12 pm (UTC)yes, good eye! though I have a mod edit that changes the trait to 'devious', which I find more fun to interpret (I totally forgot that they're not separate traits until you commented, actually, lmao). Auntie Gytha has the devious trait too, but she also has seven nice points, so I tend to interpret it as her just being a bit impish. đ