Prev | Next

A lot of changes are happening at Norweni's hall this round!


After some debating and a few arguments, Norweni rearranged the loft where she sleeps to make room for Senovara, giving over the side room downstairs to Sun, Cadwgan, and the soon-to-be born baby. Senna is more happy with the arrangement than Norweni would've thought. Cináed, for his part, had announced unprompted that he would just stay with Diseta (and that no one had better ask him to babysit). It isn't Norweni's ideal outcome, but it admittedly does make things easier here.

After the wedding, the queen sent them off with some furniture (luckily less ostentatious than her usual taste) and a truly ridiculous amount of cloth. New shirts for Cadwgan, some things for Sun, fabric to make things for the baby. Norweni might be mildly offended by the notion that she couldn't afford to outfit them herself if she wasn't so busy with everything else.

Sun clearly has her head full of ideas of exactly what her adult life should look like, and Norweni is sure she's itching to have her own household to run—Fial was the exact same way at her age, really—but even she admits that she's better off at home right now, where there will be extra hands around when the baby comes.

Norweni: I have to go see how the planting is getting on. I had better not come home to any more life altering events.
Senovara: I think she's talking about you two.
Cadwgan: We know, Sen.

As we covered in previous rounds, Norweni can actually cook. She can cook soup, cereal, cereal, and also cereal.

Sun might get bored of it and insist on making something else, but Senna is perfectly happy to eat the same thing over and over!


Diseta dropped by to check on her daughters, conveniently after Norweni has gone out for the day.


Extremely normal behavior to go sit in the one (1) chair in your ex-wife's bedroom instead of any of the twelve different unoccupied seating options downstairs.

Elphin was walking by and Grendel roped him into a game of fetch.

Norweni: Hello there. Are you playing with my dog?
Elphin: Of course. How could anyone say no to that face?


I feel a bit bad for Senna—she's always got some sort of want to flirt with someone or go on a date, but basically the only teen boys in town are either related to her or gay.



Growing a new person is very tiring. Sun probably hasn't taken this many naps since she was a baby.


Speaking of, how many babies are you guys smuggling in there? There is a wrong answer, jsyk.

It felt wrong to not have Norweni pop in at all during Eisu's round! Usually she shows up at least once unprompted.


Cadwgan: How do you feel today? Can I fetch anything for you?
Sun: I'm fine, stop fussing. Well… I wouldn't mind some strawberries. I've been craving fruit lately.
Cadwgan: Maybe someone will bring an early batch to the market today. I'll check.
Sun: Ooh, and pickles.

Cadwgan: T... together?
Sun: It's not that weird!
Cadwgan: No, I'm pretty sure it is, but that's fine as long as you're not making me eat them too.
Sun: I should ask Aunt Fial if you can pickle strawberries.

Grendel doesn't care about pickles or fruit. Grendel cares only for pancakes.

I had to give Sun a different outfit, because her regular dress was not looking very comfy anymore.



Sent Cadwgan to Angus's shop to pick up some potions

At this point she should probably learn to read solely for this want alone.


Helenet: Good morning, sweetheart! Shall we see how you're doing? How do you feel?
Sun: Um—

Oh, that's very convenient timing.


Cadwgan: Oh, wow. She looks just like you.
Sun: Well, I guess that makes me vain, because I think she's the cutest baby that ever lived.
Cadwgan: You're both very cute. Hi there, Olwen.


Everyone

Can you stop swooning over her long enough to go change the stinky baby??? Thanks.

Civil conversation between these two? I'm shook. Perhaps they can have a better co-parenting relationship now that... *checks notes* none of their children will actually be underage in a round and a half.

Diseta: Practice in the middle of the day? What's this for?
Norweni: *grunts* I'm out of practice, I've been so busy lately... I don't like it.
Diseta: You seem to be doing well enough.
Norweni: Hm.

Aw, we need to get Kinny over here, it's practically a family dinner.

I imagine Diseta is feeling some big feelings right now... remember, she did want a bigger family than this. But I'm sure she's also quite thrilled with the new baby and to help guide Sun into motherhood.

Sun: Cadwgan's mum was right, you are absolutely adorable, aren't you? Yes, you are!


It's also Sun and Cadwgan's birthdays. Truly got that teen pregnancy in right under the wire.
Sun: Senna!
Senovara: Hm?
Sun: Put your shuttle down, it's cake time.

She just had to get in one more swoon before he spins into adulthood.

idk if your parents would approve of piracy, Cadwgan.


Sun's face has stayed remarkably consistent throughout every age stage. I tried a bunch of different hairs on her, and even though she looked stunning in all of them, I can't bear to change the locs. They just suit her so much!

Cadwgan lost a bit of his baby face. I still want to squish his cheeks, tho.

Poor Faro there is technically the oldest of the Sun/Jia/Faro set and still hasn't gotten to age up... I'll play your household next, promise, bb.


I did move Cadwgan's giant Watcher icon into their room, so now poor Sun has to go to bed with that staring at her.



Norweni: Hmm.
Eisu: What?
Norweni: I wouldn't use that move if I were you.
Xiang: I believe this is a two person game, not three.
Eisu: I need all the help I can get against you, love!




Sun: Sen, d'you want to watch Olwen while I have a bath after breakfast?
Senovara: Yes! I'll be the best babysitter ever, except for maybe Uncle Eisu.
Sun: Well, he is practically a baby whisperer, so that would be hard to beat.


Sun is, perhaps, just a little teensy-bit bored here at home. When everyone else is busy and the baby is asleep, there's not much for her to do aside from cleaning or spending time with the horses. And she can't even take Ruby out for a long ride yet, because Olwen is still nursing frequently and she's much too little for Sun to safely wear her in a sling while she rides.

A twenty minute visit to the market, however, should be just fine!


Grendel had to go too, of course. There's attention to be had.


Sun: Hey! I heard you were back, but this is the first I've actually seen you. I think you were out when I visited your da.
Drustan: Oh, uh, probably.

Sun: You really brought home a baby, huh?
Drustan: If you say anything about Orla, I'm leaving this conversation, just so you know.
Sun: Huh? What does Aunt Netty's cousin have to do with anything?

Drustan: ...Nothing.
Sun: I forgot you're such a weirdo. I was gonna say that my mum and your da would probably love it if you brought Una over when my daughter gets a little older. I'm sure they're itching to get that next generation friendship going.
Drustan: Oh, uh, yeah, sure.
Sun: Great!


This is a beautiful picture if you don't know she's drinking her own pee.


Parenthood wasn't something Cadwgan ever put a ton of thought into before the day Sun told him she was pregnant, but he's taken to it quite well. (He might say Eluned and Cynric are missing out, but... one has to question if one wants to curse some poor child with Eluned for a mother.)

Anyway, Cadwgan has a strong urge to learn all that he can for Olwen's benefit. What if there's a fire? What if she gets sick or hurt and he doesn't know how to help? Should he ask Sun's Aunt Helenet for first aid lessons? He probably should.




Xiuying came over to hang out after they've both finished their morning chores...

...and Sun rolled a want to get fit, which I thought would be a cute little bonding opportunity for these two. On the other hand, after what happened with Kinet and Aífe, maybe they shouldn't. (Also, the haystack trampoline is probably more Sun's speed than Norweni's punching bag.)


Norweni took herself on a trip to the mead hall and had the good fortune to run into Eisu and Xiang. Also Maddan, I guess. Did I really give him and Cara matching ponytails? lmao.

Eisu: I can't help but worry about Jia, out on her own...
Norweni: She's not though; she's all settled in with the other warriors, and I promise Offa will take good care of her.

Eisu: I know, I know, but still... you and Xiang have emphasized enough times how dangerous fighting can be, so having your own child raring to run off and do just that is a little nerve-wracking, you know? You lost an eye after a bar fight, of all things!
Norweni: Yes, well. Remind her not to do that, next time Xiang sends her a letter.


If you were wondering what's been happening between these two since their fight last round: absolutely nothing. Maddan seems quite content to ignore her outside of training and any obligate courtesies. Easy come, easy go, right?
No, of course Norweni isn't feeling bitter over the fact that the man she effectively blew up her marriage for could drop her without so much as a look back. What makes you say that?


I thought maybe Aífe was making a new friend, but she quickly proved me wrong.

Norweni: How are you, Aífe?
Aífe: Fine. Actually, I got a big offer from one of my trading contacts, so I'm excited about that.
Norweni: That's great.

Aífe: Yeah. It would involve me taking over her route temporarily, so I'd be away from the valley for a while, but it's a big opportunity.
Norweni: Ah... have you spoken to my sister about this yet?
Aífe: Fial doesn't get a say in my business.
Norweni: She won't be happy to hear about you leaving, I think.
Aífe: That's her problem, then.

Senovara: I feel like I forgot something... oh well. I'm so sleepy…

Norweni: >:|


I don't think they're interested in playing fetch right now, Grendel.

Kinky???






Senovara: It's almost Olwen's birthday? Really? It seems like she was just born.
Sun: I know! But she's getting bigger by the day.

I just know they love hearing about this every single day.



Senovara: *brrrrrrrt*
Olwen: Eee!

Senovara: I bought Olwen for her nap!
Cadwgan: Thank you, Sen. You're a very big help with her.
Senovara: :D






Sun: Hey! You should come meet my husband.
Drustan: Oh, right. The mysterious spouse.
Sun: Cadwgan's not mysterious. He's basically the opposite of mysterious. Are you mad at me on Jia's behalf or something? Because—

Drustan: No! No. My sister is not that vindictive; she practically forced our fathers to go to your wedding. Um, also, it would be pretty hard to keep up a feud, considering how small Veridia is and the fact that our parents are best friends.
Sun: Great, then you should come meet him. You like books, right? You two can talk about books or something.



My visions of these two becoming bros is rapidly slipping away.

Drustan: You're wearing a Watcher's Eye?
Cadwgan: Yes? I follow the Parables.
Drustan: What's the point of worshiping something you don't even think is paying attention? Sounds like a waste of time.
Cadwgan: Well—

I just like her face. And Drustan brooding in the corner.


Drustan demonstrated how little he actually wants to be here by not only sitting at the bench across the room instead of the table to eat, despite there being empty chairs, but also by exiting the house immediately afterward to mop up wolf pee instead of interacting with anyone.


Anti-horse sentiment?! How could you betray your daughter like this, Norweni? :(



Sun: Hello, darling, Mummy missed you during your nap. Yes, I did! *muah*




Oh, so we can get along if it's in front of Sun, huh? I see how it is.

Also, why do you have beef with a nine-year-old??? I know why he has a -1/-1 relationship with Xiuying, but I don't think I've ever even seen him and Gwen interact. 😭


Eisu: —and I'll probably make a second one to bring to Elmet if there's enough dough left.
Norweni: How is your brother? And the fae? Helenet's been around, but I haven't seen either of them lately.
Eisu: Oh, they're fine, just busy. They've got their hands full with those kids. What, worried that Helenet has them locked up in her bedroom? Ha!
Norweni: Probably better for all of us if I haven't seen them recently; it means they aren't getting into trouble again.

Sun: Oh, you're up here? I thought you'd gone out with your friend. You usually do in the afternoon.
Senovara: Oh... no, she's hanging out with her girlfriend. Probably busy touching each other's faces and kissing and stuff. Yuck, who wants to watch that?

Sun: You're way too old for the cooties routine, Sen. You know, it's really nice that you and Xiuying are so close, but you do need to let her have her own space sometimes too. It's not healthy to constantly be attached to the other's hip.
Senovara: You and Cadwgan are constantly together.
Sun: We are not. Also, he's my husband, so unless you two are secretly married...

Sun: Oh, here, it's like a thread, friendship. If it's spun right, it's strong, but if you pull it too hard when you're sewing, it can still snap. Does that make sense?
Senovara: I don't have that problem. You should stop yanking on your thread when you sew.
Sun: That wasn't my point.

Senovara: I'm not making a fuss, I haven't said anything mean to her about Kara, I just... feel left behind sometimes. By her, by you and Kinny, everyone...

Senovara: And! And it's not fair, I've wanted my first kiss for ages, and Xiuying acts like it's something she's doing because she thinks it might be interesting!
Sun: Okay? Maybe that's how she views that kind of thing. She's allowed to. It'll happen for you too when you meet the right person.
Senovara: That's easy for you to say. The only boys my age here are either related to me or aren't interested in girls.

Sun: Maybe instead of focusing on that, you should try making some new friends instead. Expand your social circle so you don't feel so... left behind.
Senovara: I have lots of friends! But Xiuying is my best friend.
Sun: You can have more than one best friend.
Senovara: No, I don't think that's how it works.
Sun: Okay, well, I tried. Good talk!


Norweni is tolerating grandmotherhood.


Were you perhaps wondering what was happening with her and Elphin? The answer is 'not much'. Despite them having a high relationship, she doesn't even have a crush on him, and she's stopped rolling any wants about him (unlike her periodic 'flirt with Diseta' wants >_>). They did almost autonomously woohoo this round, but stopped before actually getting into bed. Sorry 2 disappoint the shippers.




Senovara's like, they're right behind me, aren't they?



Diseta and Cináed came over to celebrate Olwen's birthday! That is DEFINITELY Cadwgan's face toddlerified, I take back everything I said about her looking like Sun.

Her personality reminds me a lot of her paternal grandmother (aka Queen Vee). Love the nine playful points; Sun and Cadwgan both have two, lol.

We're going all in on that family secondary, I see. I think your mother might have an aneurysm if you two immediately have a second baby.

Diseta: How's your archery practice?
Norweni: I think I fuuu—messed up my elbow. *sigh* Shit, there's a toddler in the house again, I have to try to remember not to curse in front of her.
Diseta: Good luck with that.


Cadwgan: Good night, sweetling.

Norweni: You know, I do appreciate you coming over here all the time for these things. I'm sure it's weird for you We could do the next event at your place, if you prefer.
Diseta: Oh, uh, maybe?

Diseta is like wait, what just happened?

Valid reaction, tbh.


Excuse me?? Who are you???
Norweni: Cináed, did you steal a dog too?
Cináed: No! Are you guys ever going to let the goat thing go?
Norweni: Then whose dog is this?
Cináed: Why would I know?

Olwen's face reminds me of a chipmunk (I mean that in the most loving way possible. Chipmunks are adorable).

Norweni: And where are your parents while you're screaming the house down in here? If I find out they're fooling around somewhere instead of being responsible...
Olwen: ???
Norweni: I s'pose you want some breakfast. Let's go.


It's such a nice spring day that Sun decides to take Olwen out to the garden while they try to learn to talk.

Grendel: *whimper*
Norweni: Grendel? What's wrong?



Norweni: Grendel! Who have you been cavorting with behind my back, girl? Now we need to come up with four names...

Yes, yet again my game cursed me with four puppies at once. Every time I think it would be cute to have some puppies, there's four of them. I just want a reasonable two or so. 😭 There are two male and two female puppies, and they're named--*checks notes*--Halga, Unferth, Wealhtheow, and Ohthere. The only one I know for sure is that Wealhtheow is the one with the dark face. Also, I noticed one of them has the same tan side marking that Lune's wolf Toast does.
(The puppies' father is one of these mastiffs Renegadewolfe uploaded to PBK, like Norweni's late dog Faun. I'm highly intrigued to see how those genes cross with the wolf ones.)

Cadwgan is suddenly surrounded by a lot more dogs than he was five minutes ago.


Between Olwen crying and the puppies constantly shrieking, this household is rapidly descending into sensory hell. Lowkey might have to play it on mute next round.



Sun: Oh, so when the dog has babies without warning, it's simply a delightful surprise? Now I see who the favorite child is.

Norweni: Child, if I was as upset about you becoming pregnant as you seem to believe, you would be living with Diseta right now instead of here.
Sun: Are you going to keep all of them? Because I bet Olwen would like her own puppy.
Norweni: Olwen can have as many puppies as she wants. Within reason.



Norweni: I do want some advanced warning next time, Grendel. No more surprise puppies.
Xiang: Surprise puppies? Who has surprise puppies?
Norweni: We do. You think Eisu would like a dog, or is he set on only cats?

Thank god, she only needs one more best friend for that "Have 10 Best Friends" want that I've had locked for like three seasons now.





I wish the horses showed up more often, since these two are so obsessed with them, but there's only so much to do with them since they aren't pets or anything like that.

Drustan: So, uh. How's marriage treating you?
Sun: Great! What about you? Anyone caught your eye since you've come home?
Drustan: No... um, I think I need a break from all of that. A very long break.


Somehow I'm not surprised that she dotes more on the puppies than on her grandchild.

Senovara: ...and Cináed wanted to come too, but I told him he can't because then it wouldn't be girls club anymore, so—
Xiuying: Can you stop calling me that?
Senovara: Huh?
Xiuying: You always call us both girls and I don't like it! It makes me feel—ick. So can you just stop?

Senovara: I'm sorry! I didn't know, but I'll try really, really hard to remember and not do it again.
Xiuying: I... don't know how you could know before now. I shouldn't expect you to just magically notice. Sorry for kind of snapping at you there.
Senovara: It's okay. I'm sorry I made you feel, um, ick.
Xiuying: You didn't mean to. S'okay.

Senovara: So... is this like when someone calls Mum a girl and she's like, 'I'm an adult woman, not a child' or something else?
Xiuying: Something else, I guess. I dunno. Mostly I'm confused?

Xiuying: I talked to River Farseer once—I was probably, like, really rude but I was so curious and they were very nice to me—and they explained that they don't call themself a woman or a man because they don't consider themself either. And I'm like, oh, that's a thing? So then I thought maybe that's my thing too.
Senovara: Is it?
Xiuying: I don't think so, but... it got me thinking more.


Xiuying: So, um. When I was a little kid, I kind of used to want to be a man when I grew up? Like in the same way a kid wants to grow up and become a merchant or a fisher, or your thing where you've plotted out how many kids you're gonna have and what type of dog and how it's gonna be named Swiftleg or Posie or whatever the current dog name is.
Senovara: Rosie.
Xiuying: Rosie, right. Anyway, I kind of assumed everyone felt that way? Then when I got older, obviously I knew that's not how it works, and since then I've just been sort of going, 'well, this is what everyone does, so that's probably what I'm supposed to do too'. Everyone who looks like me grows their hair out for plaits and ribbons, and wears clothes cut this way and not that way when they get older. So I should do it too. Even Jia wears her hair long and in pretty plaits and stuff.

Senovara: My mam doesn't. I don't think she's ever worn a ribbon.
Xiuying: Jia said something similar. But your mam still calls herself a woman; I've heard her.
Senovara: Well... if you're just doing stuff because you think you should and not because you really want to, why don't you go back to keeping your hair short? You should do that.
Xiuying: Um. Introspection is hard and change is scary?
Senovara: I guess.

Xiuying: You guess? Senna, last week you cried because your spindle broke and you didn't want a different one, and you guess change is scary?
Senovara: It was my favorite! And we're talking about you, not me.
Xiuying: Fine. I don't know, okay? Maybe because cutting my hair again is admitting that I'm different in some way. And don't say it's just hair, because you know it's not.
Senovara: Okay. But if you do decide to cut your hair, I could help you.
Xiuying: I would probably just ask Da to do it again. No offense.

Senovara: What should we call girls club now? It needs a new name.
Xiuying: Hmm... the no Cináeds allowed club.
Senovara: Best friends forever club!
Xiuying: Cooler and more fun than you club. *laughs*

Senovara: I like that, but also it's kind of long.
Xiuying: Yeah. Maybe just 'best friends club'?
Senovara: Okay!



lmao.

Cadwgan: There we go! Alright, big step now—


Sun: You know, I think it would be nice if Olwen had a brother or sister close in age to her...
Cadwgan: I don't disagree, but I'm fairly sure your mother would either garrote or geld me if we have another baby this soon.

Sun: Pffft, let me handle her. I promise you'll come out with all bodily parts intact!
Cadwgan: Those words are less reassuring than you think they are, Sun.


The downside to having four new puppies: potty training.

ok, that's all, bye for now from the FOUR puppies. -_-
Tags:
no subject
Date: 2026-06-15 03:38 pm (UTC)Sun's conversation with Drustan was so funny. "If you say anything about Orla, I'm leaving this conversation" and Sun totally oblivious because she has her own shit going on! The world doesn't revolve aorund you Dru, jeez!! Sweet to see them becoming besties, though. Drustan really needs some more friends.
Man, Xiuying is painfully relatable for me here. Being in a "girl group" was what made me realise I idn't actually identify that way, but I remember feeling like I didn't want to spoil my friends' fun with my identity struggles, haha :')
BTW, I found out recently that you can woohoo on the Sun & Moon ridable horses like you can cars! XD I bet Sun & Cadwgan would be into that with their horse obsession, LOL
no subject
Date: 2026-06-15 05:50 pm (UTC)me too, I think Sun's the perfect friend to keep him grounded with the occasional sick burn, lol. I didn't rly show it, but Dru and Cadwgan also became friends at the end of the round--I feel like they have a fair bit in common, religious debates aside.
I appreciate hearing that it's relatable, and hopefully it didn't stir up too many negative feelings. <3 (actually, I probably should go put a content note for dysphoria on the tumblr post with that part. I'm trying to be better about putting notes on posts people might wanna skip for whatever reason but it's not second nature yet.) Xiuying's Gender Stuff(TM) is a different flavor from mine, but the 'ick' reaction to having someone call you a certain thing you don't vibe with... oooh yeah.
oh noooo, I might have to check that out next round, haha! probably best for my sanity that's not autonomous, they're always sneaking off as it is thanks to ACR. three bolters, smh. 😂️
no subject
Date: 2026-06-19 02:58 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2026-06-19 03:32 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2026-06-15 07:42 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2026-06-15 07:41 pm (UTC)poor senovara… hopefully she finds her dream husband one day and has a hundred children 🥲
and not the lowkey flirting between the divorcees… intrigued to see where this ends up haha 👀😏
no subject
Date: 2026-06-15 11:41 pm (UTC)Norweni and Diseta can have a little toxic chemistry, as a treat. 😂 your guess is as good as mine--I think it all depends on Shep's response to that marriage proposal Di's had on her mind. 👀